fredag 6. november 2009

Nigeria

Finally, I`m home.

After two weeks in Nigeria I`m finally home. This vacation is unsuccessful so far, I`m really looking forward to travel to USA. Now I will tell you, my dear diary, why this trip to Nigeria was so awful.
We were really looking forward to travel to Nigeria, and we thought it should be wonderful over there. My mother had told me that the population of Nigeria are 141 million people. Already at the airport, we failed. We forgot our passports! But we were lucky, since my mother always forces us to be out in good time, we actually was on the airport four hours before the time. When the plane left the airport, we were fortunately in the plain on our way to Nigeria.

Tired, we arrived at the airport Abuja International Airport in Nigeria’s capital Abuja. It was huge! I will never forget this airport, because I lost my sister there. I was sad, but then I got an ice-cream and I forgot all about it.

When we left the airport, and were on our way to the Shiroro Hotel in Minna we got horrified by all the beggars outside. It was overwhelming for all of us tourists. I gave them a lot of money and felt really bad for them. The bus strip from the capital of Nigeria, Abuja to Minna took three hours. The hotel was okay, but it was quite ugly and small. Anyway, the employees was incredible, they did everything for us. The head chef told us that the difference between rich and poor is huge in Nigeria, as a result of the oil money. He also told us that 50 percent of the people in Nigeria are Muslims, and 40 percent are Christian. We learned a lot of this polite, young man. For example that it is 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria. Unfortunately, after one week he got accused by the Sharia law for adultery and sentenced to death by stoning.

We paid 10 000 dollars to get my sister back today. She had got kidnapped from some criminals. My sister said that the kidnappers had treated her good, so we didn’t make any big deal out of it. But of course, we involved the cops.

It is boring here. We were at the disco tonight, but my sister got accused of being gay. Since it`s illegal to be gay in some states in Nigeria you have to spend 14 years in prison for homosexual activity . Then we needed to go all the way home.

Some facts: The name Nigeria comes from the River Niger running through Nigeria. Nigeria is located in western Africa. Football is Nigeria’s national sport.

1 kommentar:

  1. I've enjoyed reading about your trips to South Africa and Nigeria. You've included both interesting facts and statistics, and you write vividly - good job.

    SvarSlett