fredag 6. november 2009

USA?

USA?
I`m travelling to USA today! I can`t possible explain how much this trip to USA mean for me. I am going to meet my grandparents, who have lived over there for six years. I haven’t seen them since I was 11 years old, and that’s a long time ago.

-What the hell, was my father’s reaction when we found out that my sister didn`t order a trip to USA, but to South Africa. At the moment, I feel very bad for her. Cause she has to spend her vacation with us, and that is not going to be the best holiday of her life, since she ruined our trip to USA! For the first time of her life, she was actually going to order a nice holiday trip as a surprise to the four of us. But she failed, and I can’t say it’s a big surprise.

The plane to South Africa took around eleven hours. When we landed in South Africa’s capital Cape Town, the first thing I noticed, was that south Africans talks weird, and I didn’t understand what they said to me. I might think this have something to do with the fact that South Africa has eleven official languages, and their English maybe got influenced by all these minorities. In South Africa 79% are African black, 9,6% are descendant of European settlers, 8,9% are coloured, and 2,5% are Asian/Indian.

Anyway, Cape Town is a beautiful city and I would love to travel there again some time. Cape Town is actually the most popular destination for tourism in Africa. And that is probable because of the incredible harbor, the fantastic beaches, the climate, and the well-developed infrastructure. Table Mountain is one of many well-known natural features that attracts tourists. In the population of 49 million people in South Africa, 3,5 million of them lives in Cape Town. Cape Town is a wonderful city!

We didn’t have any plans for this trip to South Africa, so we were in Cape Town all the week and just relaxed in the sun. We were also shopping a lot, because it was really cheap there. One of the most popular sport in South Africa is rugby, and I understand why. My sister and I saw Western Province Rugby play on their home stadium Newlands Stadium. I don’t remember which team they played against, but I remember they won. It was a very fun experience and I would love to try to play rugby myself sometimes. After a week of fun, I was ready to go home!

The apartheid system was introduced in 1948. The people was segregated by race, and the white people had control over the black people. The apartheid system gave black people no rights. Nelson Mandela always struggled for the black people rights, and after he spend 27 years in prison, he became the first black elected president in South Africa.

1 kommentar: